ABSIA submitted to the NSW's ICT Procurement Taskforce consultation on 7 August 2020.
In this submission, ABSIA outlined a number of recommendations for the NSW Government including that they should:
- Define sovereign procurement as involving all Australian companies whether they are internationally owned or Australian owned and operated;
- Follow the SME procurement approach recently outlined by the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO);
- Outline the reasons why an SME was not chosen for a procurement contract;
- Publish reports on the amount of contracts awarded by business type and amount spent to assess the effectiveness of their approach;
- Review strategies and policies annually;
- Have a dedicated office for establishing and maintaining relationships with industry; and
- Improve internal information sharing and develop better relationships with professional and industry associations.
A copy of this submission can be accessed here.